CHANGE ORDER MANAGEMENT SEMINAR
Presented by ASA Midwest Council & FMI
We are offering 2 sessions on August 22nd geared specifically to Sr. leaders(a.m.) and Field Leaders (p.m.).
AM Session – Senior Leaders
8:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
“Risk Management – An Examination of Firm Risk and Change Management”
Risk management is an essential aspect of all construction organizations. One area in particular that causes great angst is Change Order Management. Whether it is poor design, unforeseen conditions or simply an owner that changes their mind, change is inevitable. However, how does an organization protect itself from undue risk all while maintaining client relations and ensure the projects make money.
During the morning session the attendees will learn the following:
- Examine the controllable and uncontrollable sources of firm risk affecting trade contractors today
- Identify the areas of “change management” that are most problematic
- Understand the role of firm-wide process consistency to help vet and support a successful change management system
- Discuss as small groups strategies and tactics to mitigate the stress and risk of change orders
PM Session – Field and Project Leaders
1:00 to 3:30 p.m.
“Change Order Management”
Most firms have a policy of “No work shall commence, until there is a written, executed change order…” So what’s the fuss? If only it were that easy. Field leaders are placed under an inordinate amount of stress related to protecting the business from this added risk. Developing a proactive change order management process will help firms protect against margin erosion, client dissatisfaction and legal ramifications.
During the afternoon session, the attendees will learn the following:
- Examine the best practices associated with change order management
- Identify the right behaviors that project managers, superintendents and foremen should exhibit to drive successful projects
- Discuss as small groups tactics and strategies that work today and for tomorrow
- Role play the various stakeholders and examine the perspectives of the owner, general contractor and trade contractor to see how they view the world
ASA Member $40 per session
Non Member $100 per session
Seminar includes lunch in-between a.m. and p.m. session, for all attendees.
SYBERG'S ON DORSETT
2430 Old Dorsett Rd.
Maryland Heights, MO
AUGUST 22nd 2017
SENIOR LEADERS: 8:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
LUNCH FOR ALL ATTENDEES: 12:00 to 12:45
FIELD & PROJECT LEADERS: 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
To register and pay with credit card, complete form below.
To register and pay by check, complete form below and print PDF invoice and remit payment to P.O. Box 510743 St. Louis, MO 63151
REGISTRATION: Choose options below:
if you plan to attend both sessions, you need to register for both sessions for each attendee:
SR. LEADERS a.m. SESSION- MEMBER
FIELD LEADERS p.m. SESSION-MEMBER
SR. LEADERS a.m. SESSION-NON MEMBER
FIELD LEADERS p.m. SESSION-NON MEMBER
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.845.0855
If you are unsure of membership status, please contact email@example.com to find out if you are an ASA member.
If you are not an ASA member, please select non member from the drop down menu for payment.
No shows not cancelled by August 15th will be charged.
ASA Midwest Council Event Cancellation Policy:
You may cancel your registration for an ASA event up to 7 days prior to the date of the event and receive a 100% refund, or not be charged if you are being invoiced. Refunds will be issued in the same method in which the original payment was made. No credit or refund will be issued, or you will be charged if you’ve chosen to be invoiced, for any registration cancelled less than 7 calendar days prior to the event, however, you may send someone in your place.