BPI in a Box Lunch Meeting
BPI in a Box LUNCH Meeting
Syberg’s on Dorsett (2430 Old Dorsett Rd. Maryland Heights, MO)
Wednesday, November 17 , 2021
11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
SUBCONTRACTOR & SUPPLIER MEMBERS ONLY
Atlas Building Group
L. Keeley Construction
SM Wilson & Co.
BPI TOPIC | IS THERE A DOCTRINE IN THE HOUSE?
- THERE ARE SETTLED LEGAL PRINCIPLES THAT GOVERN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY.
- THE MOST FAMOUS IS “THE SPEARIN DOCTRINE” THAT SAYS AN OWNER’S IMPLIED WARRANTY WILL TRUMP A CONTRACTOR’S EXPRESS WARRANTY.
- THERE IS ALSO THE “ECONOMIC LOSS DOCTRINE” THAT LIMITS DAMAGES IN CASES WHERE
- THERE ARE PROPERTY DAMAGES OR PERSONAL INJURIES.
- THERE IS THE “CARDINAL CHANGE DOCTRINE” THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHANGING FROM TWO TO ONE CARDINAL SITTING ON THE BAT.
WE WILL DISCUSS THESE AND OTHER DOCTRINES THAT CAN HELP OR HURT YOUR WELL-BEING.
BPI: Business Practice Interchange for Subcontractor/Supplier Members Only.
Business Practice Interchange is an informal share session where ASA member subcontractors & suppliers can share their experiences with projects, general contractors, and owners.
Only first-hand information is allowed to be shared.
ASA is only providing a forum for the exchange of business information.
Information exchanged by members must be current, accurate and first hand.
11:30 a.m. LUNCH
11:45-12:30 p.m. BPI Session
Register above to pay by credit card or check!
ASA Member $25 includes lunch & BPI Session
(NO SHOWS NOT CANCELLED BY FRIDAY, November 12th will be charged per ASA cancellation policy,
if you cancel after the 12th no refund, but you may always send someone in your place)
Venue: Syberg's on Dorsett
November 17, 2021
11:30 am - 1:00 pm